Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The "Game"

Any way that you slide and dice it, at the end of the day, it seems that all species of men are a huge fan of the game. Take Tiger Woods, for example - the man's wife is SMOKIN' hot, yet he still felt the need to sleep with every woman that even glanced in his general direction. I was talking to one of my guy friends about the situation, and he said that the whole fiasco boiled down to one thing: Tiger's love of the game. And I'm not talking about golf here.

Thus, I thinkthat it's imporant to take some time to explore the next variable: the proverbial "game". Now, once again, I'm not claiming to be an expert, because if I were, I don't think that my dating history would be so dismal. All I can really do is write down my observations, and wait to test them out during the big experiment.

So the question really is, what is the game? And how many innings do you have to go before you can actually win this game? (While the real goal of this post is to explore the game, I've made it my secondary goal to use as many sports analogies as possible).

Based on my limited experience with the game (I consider myself more of a spectator rather than an athlete), it seems that the high-maintenance girl brings a highly effective mixed bag that helps her get what she wants, including confidence and the right amount of drama (i.e. you rocked my world yesterday, not so much today, oh wait, it's tomorrow and I want you back). I believe that wanting what we can't have has a powerful hold over many of us, and I think that the high-maintenance girl does a good job of playing off this emotion to help her score the winning touchdown. So the question remains, is there a way for nice girls to get into the end zone without playing into the drama, or does she need to tweak her offense to get there?



No comments: